Friday, March 18, 2011

Fashion Advice for the Hollywood Wannabe

Help! I have a meeting. What do I wear?  I have been invited to a premiere – how dressed up should I be?  I am having coffee with a director…  do I wear a suit?
Having been around the biz for what seems forever – I get asked these questions all the time.  And although I am not a fashion maven I can offer some simple advice to the person who is new to the entertainment business.  At first glance, L.A. seems like it is anti-fashion.  As you walk through a mall you will see everything from Grunge to Euro trash.  People in wildly expensive suits shop next to people in pinned together jeans.  Pierced navels, eyebrows, Madonna tattoos are everywhere and easily seen through highly revealing pants and shirts.  Surfers, Skaters, Nerds crowd the sidewalks of Melrose. How can one possibly know how to dress with such a huge buffet of bad, good and boring fashion to choose from?
Luckily, the answer is not that difficult.  The entertainment business does have a sort of dress code.  It’s unspoken of course. But it is there nevertheless.  In a recent article I wrote for HubPages I provide several tips for dressing for the Biz.   You can find it here. http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Newbies-Guide-to-Dressing-for-Success-in-Hollywood

No comments:

Post a Comment